Old 20-12-2003, 06:02 PM
Pam - gardengal

Default Plant ID Extravaganza!!

Lynda, you don't have the pics numbered (and I only count 33 total), so
reading from left to right and down the page, here are my best guesses.
BTW - detail photos of leaves with flowers or fruit, if any, are somewhat
easier to ID than just a view of the plant as a whole.

2. Colocasia, elephant ears. What you are seeing is cold damage
4. Nandina domestica, Heavenly bamboo
6. conifer of some sort - as best as I can tell from the pic, most likely a
Thuja
7. Polystichum munitum, sword fern
8. Rhododendron in too much sun
9. Liriope
14. Cyrtomium falcatum, Japanese holly fern
15. Liriope, again
17. Adiantum, maidenhair fern
18. Fatsia japonica, Japanese aralia
19. Rose obviously, but it will take a rosarian to ID specifc cultivar
20. Euphorbia pulcherrima, Poinsettia
21. variegated Vinca major
22. Asparagus fern
23. Ajuga reptans, bugle weed
27. Viola odorata, wood violet
29. Rubus of some form (yes, a nasty noxious weed - persistance is required
for successful removal)
30. Hedychium, hardy ginger - impossible to tell which from the photo
31. looks like a laurel, probably some form of Prunus laurocerasus
32. Acuba japonica, Japanese laurel

pam - gardengal