Old 20-12-2003, 08:54 PM
Howard Neil

Default Welsh National Botanic gardens

David Hill wrote:
Well we went to last nights candle vigil.seemed to be a very good turnout.
BBC Wales and HTV were both there both doing live slots so should have been
some useful publicity.
We were very lucky with the weather, which. was so unlike today's wet and
windy, last night was just a light breeze and dry.
But what a pity that with all the money that has gone into the place they
don't have anything like a passable PA system, the carols afterwards would
have been helped so much with a good system, as would the organisation in
getting people to take their positions outside, the 3 men with loud hailers
we were told about didn't seem to know how to turn them on as we never heard
anything from any of them, and when you are told by the man on the
mike(Which we couldn't see) that those of you over there go out by the East
door (Not marked) and you over on that side use the South door.
Last moan..........at £1.40 for a small cup of coffee and £1.00 for a mince
pie next time I take a flask.

Thanks for the report, David. I am glad there was a good turnout. I
would have been there myself but I sing in a choir and we had an
engagement last night (just down the road from the gardens, as it
happened).

I know what you mean about the sound in the greenhouse. We sang there in
2002. The acoustics are atrocious. We did not use a sound system but the
sound just seemed to melt away into the roof. It would probably take a
superb PA system to overcome that handicap.

--
Howard Neil