Old 21-12-2003, 01:30 PM
Alex

Default Where to get a Cold Frame

Dwayne,

This is the kind of structure I was thinking of - in fact this is the
model I have seen recommended - apparently it's been around a long time,
but maybe only familiar to cold-weather gardeners.

http://www.amleo.com/index/item.cgi?...ew&Words=jwscf

You can also buy an arm that opens and closes the box lid depending on
the temperature (using a piston with a cylinder full of something that
expands considerably when it heats up)

Regards,
-Alex

Dwayne wrote:

Alex, I am not sure what you mean when you say Cold Frame. What is it used
for and how big is it. I built a "hot bed" on the south side of my house
for starting plants in the spring time. I used wood for the front and both
ends, and the house for the back. Then I tool an old glass/aluminum shower
door with hinges, and laid it on the top. It was sloped so water would run
off, and I can raise the shower door an inch or all the way if it is going
to be hot. Worked well this year (I am in the U.S.). Hope this helped.

Good luck. Dwayne
"Alex" wrote in message
u...

I wonder if anyone knows of a company selling cold frames (the small
domestic kind) in or near Melbourne?

Thanks in anticipation

-Alex