Old 22-12-2003, 02:33 AM
Nedra

Default pond de-icer corrosion

I really don't think the corrosion will hurt the fish... but it will cause
the element to burn out quicker.

I read somewhere to use a solution of vinegar and water to wipe
the element before each season. I do this and the De-Icer has
lasted 4 years.

Nedra

"John M. Darnielle" wrote in message
I've noticed that the aluminum base to my 1250 watt "Ice Chaser" by Farm
Innovators (which is identical to the Beckett "pond De-icer") is

corroding.
I do maintain .06 percent salt level, my compromise on the "How much salt"
debate. This probably causes the corrosion. My question is- is this bad

for
the fish? Thanks in advance for your reply.

--
John M. Darnielle
Remove anti spam phrase from reply address to e-mail me.