Old 22-12-2003, 10:12 AM
Andrew G

Default Hi!

"Leanne" wrote in message

Thanks andrew, sounds wonderful!

We have lots of bush rocks, I live in Alice Springs I was going for a
more natural look because the area i want it is sort of tropical with

ferns
and stuff, and a spa about 8 meters away.

I'd rather make the waterfall myself, but the catchment or pond area I'd
like to buy pre-made. I've read that its good to leave a 'pocket' from

where
the last rock goes into the pond because it makes a better sound... is

this
true?

It really is all a matter of testing, and the rocks you have.
One I helped make at work use poly pipe with holes drilled in it and hidden.
This gave the appearence of water flowing under a path. At first we had a
few comments from golfers suggesting a burst pipe. We cut the pressure a
little to a gentle flow, now getting great comments. This I might add, was
damn water getting re-circulated.
Try testing the hole thing before you set it. A good variety of rocks,
including flatter ones for "platforms" work well.
IMO a good flow without major splashing if it's going into a pond is good to
circulate the water, or should I say aerate it.
A pre made pond is a good idea, and can be blended in well.
If it's possible try get to a creek bed where there is a slight drop in
levels and have a look at the different types of rock there.
I really like the idea of the fern tropical area. What I am going to create
in the new year
Good luck

Thanks
Leanne