Old 22-12-2003, 04:04 PM
John M. Darnielle

Default pond de-icer corrosion

I think, after all, it may just be deposits. Thanks!

--
John M. Darnielle
Remove anti spam phrase from reply address to e-mail me.

"Barbara2245" wrote in message
om...
"John M. Darnielle" wrote in message

I've noticed that the aluminum base to my 1250 watt "Ice Chaser" by Farm
Innovators (which is identical to the Beckett "pond De-icer") is

corroding.
I do maintain .06 percent salt level, my compromise on the "How much

salt"
debate. This probably causes the corrosion. My question is- is this bad

for
the fish? Thanks in advance for your reply.

Are you talking about corrosion or mineral build up? My stock tank
deicer has a build up of minerals on the element. At the end of the
year I scrape it off with a knife and it is still working after a
year. Happy water gardening.