Old 23-12-2003, 05:42 PM
Anton Nijhuis

Default [IBC] Drainage and other unfortunate mysteries (was : Bonsai Today article on drainage)

I still disagree with you as I feel you are making too broad a
generalization in regards to western growing practices. If you were to
visit the Fraser Valley in British Columbia you would be amazed at the
diversity of different multicultural groups running and owning
nurseries.

I also can not generalize on what you consider Japanese practices as
each traditional bonsai school is entirely dependent upon the competency
of its sensei and the education may or may not be limited. A point I
wish to raise is that this is definitely not the only growing practice
or method in Japan. A traditional school is not an entity on to itself
especially if they export there would be a need for horticultural
professionals that comply with international standards. But all in all
it takes a community to educate a child.

Anton

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++