Old 23-12-2003, 06:02 PM

Default Newsgroups dead? Was: pantry moths?

On Tue, 23 Dec 2003 10:52:24 -0500, "len"
wrote:

I just miss your posts that's all, I figured you had been spammed out
existance. Len

Thanks for the nice words!

Sadly, I've just about decided that Usenet newsgroups are no
longer worth it: too many spammers, trolls, stalkers, other
problems (including the surreptitious harvesting of whole
groups for commercial websites), very poor noise/signal
ratio, etc. etc.

I have participated in Usenet newsgroups for over 15 years,
but I just don't think (right now) that they are any longer
a productive use of time.

So I've pretty much switched to mailing lists instead. I
still read this group from time to time. I skipped the
whole eternal cross-posted thread.... ugh. That was a
beautiful, perhaps classic, example of why I don't think
newsgroups a worthwhile use of time at present.

Maybe I'll change my mind in the future, but right now,
that's how I see it.

If you want to know my recommendations for mailing lists,
please email me privately. My address in this message is
real.

Cheers!
Pat

Copyright © 2003 Patricia Meadows