Old 23-12-2003, 08:03 PM
Anton

Default Green carpet Algae

Are you fertilizing your plants? I read somewhere a little while back that
high iron content could help develop certain algae's. I had an algae problem
starting to develop in my tank, I reduced fetilizer doses and the algae has
all but disappeared.

good luck,
Anton

"Pete Burns" wrote in message
.net...
I have a small community tank, 20 gal I had lots of plants, swords,

wisteria
and others. Angle fish, molys, alge eaters.
I've had algae before but never like this. This stuff is thick like a

carpet
and a dark green color. I tried some algae treatment from the store but

it
did not help at all. Any suggestions, I am about ready to rip out all the
plants.
Pete