Old 24-12-2003, 12:09 AM
Kenni Judd

Default Treefern Question

Once upon a time, treefern was great [at least the totems and formed pots,
the loose stuff has always been a different story]. But we stopped using
them a few years ago, when we noticed an extreme lack of uniformity in the
products we were getting -- some had so much glue in them they would _never_
fall apart, but the orchid roots didn't like them, others had so little glue
that they fell apart within weeks.

As for the loose stuff, if it's good quality plants really like it at first,
but it's very hard to remove at repotting time ...

--
Kenni Judd
Juno Beach Orchids

http://www.jborchids.com
"Wendy" wrote in message
Does anyone else have trouble growing orchids using treefern?
I have two of the tree fern pots & a couple of plants mounted &
have lost some as well.
Is there anything special I need to know?
--
Cheers Wendy
Remove PETERPAN for email reply