Old 24-12-2003, 03:07 AM
Bill Watkins

Default [IBC] Watering Willow and Bald Cypress

I live in Oklahoma in zone 6.5. I have a bald cypress and for the past
three years near the end of the summer the foliage starts getting brown.
I water it quite frequently but this doesn't seem to keep it from getting
brown foliage. I guess it doesn't like this somewhat dryer climate than
what it is supposed to have. This summer I collected some moss and
covered the soil with it and low and behold a miracle. The tree really
liked this since the foliage didn't get brown as it usually does. Near
the very very late summer the foliage started to show some brown but
nothing like what it has in the past. The moss kept the soil wetter and
for a longer period of time which is what the tree must have liked.

Bill

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++