Old 24-12-2003, 02:43 PM
Billy M. Rhodes

Default [IBC] Watering Willow and Bald Cypress

In a message dated 12/24/2003 8:31:10 AM Eastern Standard Time,
writes:

I live in Oklahoma in zone 6.5. I have a bald cypress and for the past
three years near the end of the summer the foliage starts getting brown.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't a bald cypress a deciduous
tree? I was under the impression that it was perfectly normal for them to lose
their leaves.

Nina, who owns no bald cypresses herself.

I think what he was trying to say was: By standing the tree in water it
retains green foliage longer and doesn't show late summer heat stress.
I does eventually go dormant.
My Bald Cypress still has a few greenish/yellow leaves.
Billy on the Florida Space Coast
Bonsai Societies of Florida Annual Convention Memorial Day Weekend 2004
Radisson Hotel, Cape Canaveral, Florida
www.bonsaisocietyofbrevard.org

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++