Old 24-12-2003, 10:02 PM
Billy M. Rhodes

Default [IBC] Bonsai ? Nursery Report

Seen today in Orlando on a major highway a store selling ?finished? bonsai,
pots, tools, soil, starter plants, etc.
I am looking to buy a Shampaku (sp) Juniper and will probably order some
starter plants from Brent.
However this guy had three in bonsai pots. The smallest was about 10 inches
and priced at $119, he offered to sell it to me for $90. No real styling, some
dead twigs (jin) but no lime sulfur. Checked the soil, it was covered with
pea gravel but below that looked like mud.
A rack of "Japanese" pots inside, but most were Chinese.
He had some Juniperous procumbins "nana" starter plants in two and four inch
liner pots, I didn't ask the price.
Billy on the Florida Space Coast
Bonsai Societies of Florida Annual Convention Memorial Day Weekend 2004
Radisson Hotel, Cape Canaveral, Florida www.bonsaisocietyofbrevard.org

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++