Old 25-12-2003, 02:32 PM

Default Newsgroups dead? Was: pantry moths?

On Thu, 25 Dec 2003 11:30:21 GMT, Frogleg
wrote:

Stick around, Pat. We can all use reports from the *real* trenches.

I'm sorry, I can't do that. I am trying to earn a little
money by doing some cooking and gardening writing.

I can write to mailing lists or newsgroups to get my
thoughts organized, and I enjoy doing it. This is often the
beginning of a potentially saleable article. It would seem
a win-win situation.

But I cannot do so when my writings are taken in their
entirety and published on someone's commercial website.
This could be thought to constitute 'prior publication' and
it detracts greatly from my chances of selling an article.
Most editors want articles that have not been published
elsewhere.

Anyway, happy holidays!

Pat

Copyright © 2003 Patricia Meadows
All Rights Reserved

--
To email me, remove the spam trap and type my first
name in its place.

CLICK DAILY TO FEED THE HUNGRY
United States: http://www.stopthehunger.com/
International: http://www.thehungersite.com/