Old 26-12-2003, 12:42 PM
Carl L Rosner

Default [IBC] kengai bonsai tree care

Dear Got2Drink:
A few weeks ago I wrote my experience of removing glued-on-stones. It
was one of my student'd gift from her husband. Her is how I removed the
stones: I took a small screw driver and placed it on the edge of the
rock and the pot and tapped it lightly with a hammer. Move the screw
driver a few inches and do do it again. Eventually you should be able
to drive the screw driver below the rocks and then use the screw driver
as a fulcrum and bend the screwdriver handle away from the pot and
tree. The whole affair of rocks should lift out in one or two pieces.
There was an area around the trunk that was rock free, so you shouldn't
hurt the trunk.

Then cover the area with some soil (for the time being.) Place a wooden
skewer in the soil and check the dirty end every day. DO NOT WATER the
soil until the dirty end comes out damp to dry.

Check the archives (see the site atthe bottom of theis Email) and read
up on care of a Juniper. Spring would be the time to repot.

Good luck,

Carl L. Rosner - near Atlantic City zone 6/7
http://bmee.net/rosner
http://www.jamesbaird.com/cgi-bin/Ja...d=00000068 48
http://www.jamesbaird.com/cgi-bin/Ja...d=00000068 48

Got2Drink wrote:

sorry guys i though kengai was the type

it is a juniper.

ill check the site out and see what i find.

the problem is the glued rocks look like there on there really good. i dont
wanna harm the tree while trying to break through the glue. anyone have
suggestions on how to take the gravel off, any liquids that will help
dissolve the glue and not harm the tree. yes there is a hole at the bottom.

i actually wrote this group before when my boss had a 150 year old bonsai
that he brought for several thousand in asia. he gave it to me when it was
dead to see what i could do with it. the group was quite helpful but the
plant was passed the point of no return.

I just dont wanna lose this one.

Thank for all the help.

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ: