Old 26-12-2003, 03:02 PM
Kenni Judd

Default Sheath Question

False or "blind" sheaths are common the first time a young seedling tries to
bloom [we call them "puberty" sheaths -- the plant wants to be grown up, but
just can't quite pull it off]. But it's not an "always" thing [I try not to
use words like "all," "always," "never" and "none" about orchids, because
almost invariably, if I do, one will make a liar out of me G]. Also, some
catts set their sheaths a long time [6 months or more] before they actually
bloom; sometimes so early that the sheath dries and becomes brown and papery
before the flowers actually emerge. So -- don't hold your breath, but don't
give up hope prematurely.

--
Kenni Judd
Juno Beach Orchids

http://www.jborchids.com
"Shell" wrote in message
If an orchid is in sheath I sould be expecting a flower spike soon yes?

Shell