Old 27-12-2003, 07:42 AM
Chris Bee

Default palmed off

On Fri, 26 Dec 2003 08:08:28 GMT,"twisted IRONy" posted ...

Last year we moved into a new home with very heavy clay soil, and
transplanted all the plants we'd nurtured in pots while the house was being
built. Just before the start of spring, I was sure that all the palms we'd
planted were surely going to die, as the leaves were browned off from being
burnt the previous summer.

However, after pruning the palms in the sheer hope of "forcing" some new
growth, spring arrived and blessed us with new shoots. They're doing fine,
but some of the old palm leaves that I'd left have brown spots on them. The
spots don't look like the normal "sunburnt" effect, but some kind of
infestation.

Any idea what they are and how to treat them?

Sorry.

Try cutting off new palm leaves that have brown spots on them.
If regrowth also have brown spots cut them off too.

Because you moved into a new home, you might get better assistance by
contacting your local gardening centre.
--

Chris