Old 27-12-2003, 09:32 AM
Chookie

Default Plant ID needed

In article ,
Linda wrote:

I wonder if some kind soul out there can help me, please???
I am looking for an ID on
http://kapana.customer.netspace.net.au/Plant.html
which I am told is a native.

Definitely Ochna, as you have been told. Funny, someone tried to sell my Mum
some Asparagus Fern, telling her it was a native (they probably dug it up in
remnant bushland). Both are nasty weeds, declared noxious in some places, and
both are so remarkably ugly you wonder why anyone would want them.

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

"Jeez; if only those Ancient Greek storytellers had known about the astonishing
creature that is the *Usenet hydra*: you cut off one head, and *a stupider one*
grows back..." -- MJ, cam.misc