Old 27-12-2003, 03:04 PM
Steve

Default Happy Holidays to all at rec.gardens.edible

Mary McHugh wrote:

Hi Steve,

I'd have to look up the date but yes, originally there was one enormous
group rec.gardens. After the requisite vote, it was split into the
subcategories we have now. Actually, there was probably more than one
vote. I remember that originally there was a lot of opposition to the
split and the first few votes probably failed.

On another note, I'm relieved that the busy part of the holiday is over
and I can get to ordering my seeds. :-)

Mary

Thanks Mary. I never realized that groups can split. I just assumed that
somebody started a group like this (without a vote or anything from the
old group) and either is succeeded or it didn't.

I should follow your lead as far as ordering seeds. Too often I put it
off and have to rush in the spring.

Steve