Old 27-12-2003, 06:43 PM
Theo

Default Help Help! Chinese Elm

HI 40° celsius? where do you live and which season will be the nextone ?
if the laves dried out you cannot do whatever to green them again..
just cut them and leave the tree rest in a hald shadow fresh and
humid location..
tell us more !
Theo

Nevyn wrote:

Hello!
A massive heat wave came through yesterday (40 degrees celcius) and COOKED
my 10 yr old chinese elm. The leaves have shrivled and come crispy and fall
off when u touch them. I wasnt home at the time, otherwise Id have moved
him. He's still green inside, and has tiny green soft branches which havent
dried - will he recover? I soaked him in cool water with root hormones and
feterlizer. Will the leaves recover? Or do I have to wait till next spring?
(He drops and rebuds at spring).