Old 27-12-2003, 06:44 PM
Eric Schreiber

Default CO2 question

Ben wrote:

I was reading one of the vast amount of aquaria magazines out there
the other day and I came across an ad for a CO2 system called "The CO2
Natural Plant System" by Nutrafin. It looks like a DIY CO2 system using
the sugar and yeast meathod but its "professionally built" (if that is
any indication to its quality I'm not sure). Was just wondering if this
was a good way to go or just go with the CO2 bottle. TIA

You're right that this is just a manufactured DIY system. The value of
it isn't in the CO2 generation part, but rather in the diffuser gadget
itself (the plastic 'ladder' that goes in the tank). The diffuser
alone is available online for something like $10, and it works very
well with any CO2 system. I recommend getting just the diffuser and
using your own DIY system.

The nice thing about it is that it keeps the CO2 bubbles in the water
a long time, forcing them to travel up along the zig-zag path. You can
actually see the CO2 bubbles getting smaller and slower as they travel
up its length - concrete evidence that the CO2 is dissolving into your
water.

--
www.ericschreiber.com