Old 27-12-2003, 07:02 AM
Ben

Default CO2 question

Hi all

I was reading one of the vast amount of aquaria magazines out there
the other day and I came across an ad for a CO2 system called "The CO2
Natural Plant System" by Nutrafin. It looks like a DIY CO2 system using
the sugar and yeast meathod but its "professionally built" (if that is
any indication to its quality I'm not sure). Was just wondering if this
was a good way to go or just go with the CO2 bottle. TIA

Ben
Old 27-12-2003, 06:44 PM
Eric Schreiber

Ben wrote:

I was reading one of the vast amount of aquaria magazines out there
the other day and I came across an ad for a CO2 system called "The CO2
Natural Plant System" by Nutrafin. It looks like a DIY CO2 system using
the sugar and yeast meathod but its "professionally built" (if that is
any indication to its quality I'm not sure). Was just wondering if this
was a good way to go or just go with the CO2 bottle. TIA

You're right that this is just a manufactured DIY system. The value of
it isn't in the CO2 generation part, but rather in the diffuser gadget
itself (the plastic 'ladder' that goes in the tank). The diffuser
alone is available online for something like $10, and it works very
well with any CO2 system. I recommend getting just the diffuser and
using your own DIY system.

The nice thing about it is that it keeps the CO2 bubbles in the water
a long time, forcing them to travel up along the zig-zag path. You can
actually see the CO2 bubbles getting smaller and slower as they travel
up its length - concrete evidence that the CO2 is dissolving into your
water.

--
www.ericschreiber.com
Old 27-12-2003, 07:48 PM
Rick

"Ben" wrote in message
Hi all

I was reading one of the vast amount of aquaria magazines out there
the other day and I came across an ad for a CO2 system called "The CO2
Natural Plant System" by Nutrafin. It looks like a DIY CO2 system using
the sugar and yeast meathod but its "professionally built" (if that is
any indication to its quality I'm not sure). Was just wondering if this
was a good way to go or just go with the CO2 bottle. TIA

Ben

good for tanks up to 20 gallons, for larger tanks you will have to have more
diffusers.

Rick

Old 28-12-2003, 02:12 AM
Tony Kissell

"Eric Schreiber" wrote in message
Ben wrote:

[...]

I have two in my 150L tank, I'm pleased with them.
I changed from a soda bottle to the Nutrafin system mainly because of the
diffuser, but I discovered that the bottle used in the Nutrafin system is
more insulated than a soda bottle, therefore is slightly less affected by
room temperature change. Cooler the yeast / sugar mix the less CO2 produced.

Tony

Old 28-12-2003, 06:14 AM
Ben

Thats what I figured I'll probably just get one of the defusers with a
CO2 bottle maybe

Ben

Old 28-12-2003, 05:40 PM
Aquatic-Store.com

Depending on your filter you may be able to route the co2 to the
canister filter and get great co2 dissapation
Eheims work great for this

Kasselmann aquarium plants book 65.99

Marcus

http://www.aquatic-store.com/

Co2 tanks on sale
Power compact bulbs and MH the lowest on the net
Co2 regulator and bubble counter with needle valve $75

do you want a FREE CO2 Regulator or FREE CO2 DIFFUSOR????

Swing on by our webbforum to see how to get one!!

http://aquatic.yupapa.com/phpbb/index.php

Old 28-12-2003, 07:12 PM
Rick

"Aquatic-Store.com" sales a@t Aquatic-Store.com wrote in message
Depending on your filter you may be able to route the co2 to the
canister filter and get great co2 dissapation
Eheims work great for this

Kasselmann aquarium plants book 65.99

Marcus

http://www.aquatic-store.com/

Co2 tanks on sale
Power compact bulbs and MH the lowest on the net
Co2 regulator and bubble counter with needle valve $75

do you want a FREE CO2 Regulator or FREE CO2 DIFFUSOR????

Swing on by our webbforum to see how to get one!!

http://aquatic.yupapa.com/phpbb/index.php

your site has two prices for the Kasselmann book which I am interested in.
The home page shows $65.99 but the link for book's etc lists $59.99, which
is correct?

Rick