Old 27-12-2003, 09:32 PM
Shelly Hurd

Default [IBC] Gift Pot Crazies - Dale, Help

Hi All,
Well I received a bonsai pot this year for the holiday (from my Mother-in-law) like no other to date. It's a nice 6x4x2.5 inch rectangle, and it came with a drainage tray (I guess). The interior of the pot is grooved (like some potters do to claim better
root growth), and has not only drain holes, but wire holes in the corners. It has kind of an odd copper looking glaze, but is certainly useable. Except: The cute little drainage tray is GLUED to the feet of the pot! At first I really thought it was fir
ed this way, but on further inspection, I think it's glue. But it's damn good glue, and hard as hard can get. Thus far, I can't separate the two items. It's slowly making me Crazy (or crazier for those of you who know me on the list).

So, I thought to stick it in the oven, at say 350 degrees or so. Shouldn't hurt the pot right? Not knowing what kind of glue it is I only wonder if the fumes will kill my dog (or okay, other members of the family). Folks, I am open to suggestions as to
separate these two items. I couldn't care less if the tray is damaged, but I would like to save the pot. I could even post pictures of this wonder for the masochists out there ;-) .

Regards from the long winded one,
Shelly Hurd Central CA - Sunset Zone 8-USDA Zone 9

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++