Old 27-12-2003, 10:41 PM
MartyWeiser

Default [IBC] Gift Pot Crazies - Dale, Help

Shelly,

As several have expressed I would take the solvent approach if you cannot
slip a razor blade into the joint. Warm water is a very good solvent for
lots of different adhesives so I would try it for 24 hours or so. Acetone
is also very good, but the vapors are flammable so keep that in mind and it
is tricky to keep it from evaporating. Others that are good for some
adhesives are mineral spirits (paint thinner) and MEK (nasty stuff, but good
for some adhesives). Even most good epoxies will soften in acetone and/or
MEK. I would use the solvents other than water outside to avoid the fume
buildup.

Marty

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++