Old 27-12-2003, 11:03 PM
Larry

Default Leaning Tree of Pisa...

What I'm looking for is something similar to an "auger stake" the kind
that is used for dogs to be tied up to in a yard (but larger).

I'd use a winch or "come-a-long" the pull it over straight before I stake
it.

If there is nothing to pull against, park a truck and pull against the
bumper. For additional safety, drape several blankets across the cable to
prevent whipping in event it parts under strain.

Larry
www.BackwoodsMetalArt.com
Truly unique creations
for Home and Yard

"Steven Banks" wrote in message
Hello All,

We went through a tough storm a few weeks ago up here in the Great Pacific
NorthWET. One of my evergreen trees which had a crooked trunk has taken on

lean. It's leaning into my neighbors trees.

I do not want to cut it down and I think since the root ball didn't pull

all
the way out of the ground that I can save this tree. I want to stake the
tree. What I'm looking for is something similar to an "auger stake" the

kind
that is used for dogs to be tied up to in a yard (but larger). Any clues

as
to where I can find such an animal?

Thanks,
Steve Banks