Old 28-12-2003, 05:00 PM
Bob in PA

Default Heron/Egret

Yesterday I heard the dogs barking, so I ignored them. A couple of
seconds later, my brother tells me to hurry up and come down to the living
room. I get there in time to see a big shadow and flapping wings of a
heron/egret. Later my dad saw him/her sitting on the roof of the neighbors
house.
I live in Southeastern Pennsylvania, so wouldn't it be a little cold for
this bird? The last week has been warm (45-60 degrees) but I can't imagine
it getting enough food. It's apparently been around for a couple of weeks.
I'm actually excited, it's the first time this has happened. I'll try
to get some pictures.

Bob

--

Check out my pond webpage:
Http://trains99.tripod.com

Click on the My Pond Link under Places to Go