Old 28-12-2003, 05:39 PM
Mary McHugh

Default Happy Holidays to all at rec.gardens.edible

Steve wrote:

Thanks Mary. I never realized that groups can split. I just assumed that
somebody started a group like this (without a vote or anything from the
old group) and either is succeeded or it didn't.

Anyone can create an alt.* group so long as they can follow
instructions. For the other major heirarchies (rec.*, comp.*, misc.*,
etc.) there is a procedure that must be followed (request for discussion
or RFD and call for vote CFV).

I should follow your lead as far as ordering seeds. Too often I put it
off and have to rush in the spring.

That has been my usual MO. This year, my new years resolution is to get
it done ASAP.

Last year was such a bad year weather-wise that I'm really looking
forward to the new season.

Mary