Old 29-12-2003, 12:35 AM
Harry Muscle

Default Feedback about my planted tank setup

I was wondering if I could get some feedback about the planted tank that I'm
hoping to setup in the next few weeks.

55G Tank
80W light (1.5 wpg)
50/50 mix of fluorite and ??? (what's good to mix it with)
DIY heating cables
Use Flourish Excel (instead of CO2)
Use Flourish

I'm hoping to setup a nice planted tank. I'm not looking for something that
grows like wild, I just want my plants to grow a bit (and especially not
die). Would I have enough light for a decent low tech tank?

Fluorite is expensive, so I thought of mixing 2 bags of it with something
else, but I'm not sure what yet.

I don't think I have enough light to justify CO2 injection, but I thought I
would use Flourish Excel to provide extra carbon. Also use Flourish as a
regular fertilizer. I have some DIY heating cables already made, so I'm
gonna use those too.

I'm just wondering if what I'm thinking of doing sounds like it will work.
Any suggestions on what you would change?

Thanks,
Harry