Old 29-12-2003, 08:02 AM
wsallen

Default Help Help! Chinese Elm

"Nevyn" wrote in message ...
Heyyyyyy heidi
Yeh Im in Perth to! Hasn't it been HOT!!!

does the happy sandgroper dance Why yes I post on a.f.p , why do you ask?

Not to bad today and I can't object to hot weather as I'm a swimming teacher
:+).

Not so bad today. My poor old guy is sitting in the courtyard under a

shade
cloth in a plastic bag, as suggested. He is still green inside, so i have
hopes. Just curious, will he produce new leaves, or not until the next
spring? Hes not evergreen.

Depends on where the plant is in Perth. If it's in Jandakot or somewhere
that gets frosts, the leaves will all drop. But if you are in the suburbs
the warmer temps may see your elm keep most of its leaves (the plant being
in a courtyard will help this also). My elms 'thinned out' their leaves last
winter, but kept most of them.

Your elm should produce new leaves before next spring, not sure how soon
though, maybe 2 weeks?

This is the url for the largest bonsai club in W.A., we meet on the last
Monday of every month at the South Perth Civic Centre (2 meetings can be
attended to check us out before you have to join). Excellent friendly bunch
of people.
http://members.iinet.net.au/~jold/bo...ety/index.html

The site has a list of the bonsai suppliers in W.A. I mainly shop at Western
Bonsai, Brian and Jean are very helpful.

Cheers,
Heidi Aussie