Old 29-12-2003, 04:04 PM
Jerry Hoffmeister

Default when's the best time to repot a lycaste?

Thanks. It's interesting to hear what other people use. Lately I've been
potting just about everything in approx 4 parts medium CHC, 1 part medium
charcoal and one part medium Perlite. Some things (really fine rooted
things) I'm still potting in something like yours below (substitute fine
bark for med chc and fine charcoal and perlite) and I put zygos in something
similar to promix HP (peat moss and perlite).

Subject: when's the best time to repot a lycaste?
From: "Jerry Hoffmeister"
Date: Mon, Dec 29, 2003 1:00 AM
What mix do you use for them?

I use a general type mix which I use for most of my potted plants:
To 7 parts of 50/50 med and fine fir bark add one part each of med

Perlite, med
charcoal, and chunky peat. If available, also add one part med tree fern.
Wilford Neptune