Old 29-12-2003, 04:13 PM
Chris Cochrane

Default [IBC] Bonsai Techniques ?

Hi Mark. You write,
My always considerate wife purchased signed "mint" copies of
John Naka's Bonsai Techniques 1 & 2 for Christmas presents
for me.

If your wife is not a bonsai enthusiast herself, she must be psychic, Mark.
These are undoubtedly among the finest books published on bonsai & not so
easily obtained as many others-- they aren't found on popular bookstore
shelves. What amazes is that after reading carefully, you can re-open them
and almost always be awed again at what the author shares. They keep on
giving... :-)

There is not a Bonsai Techniques III (drats!), but a sketchbook of John's
designs for workshop material is to be published/distributed in 2004
(hopefully EARLY in 2004!). The National Bonsai Foundation hoped to get it
out in 2003, but the publication design editor (Lia Marta) is still tweaking
the product. The National Bonsai Foundation will publish & distribute it
http://www.bonsai-nbf.org/nbf/forsale.htm. Many IBCers are among the
contributors.

John co-authored a book on Satsuki bonsai that is out-of-print & difficult
to obtain. His book of witty sayings (_Even Monkeys Fall Out of Trees_) has
been distributed by Nina Ragle, and I think you can find it.

Congratulations, Mark, on your very special gifts.

Best wishes,
Chris... C. Cochrane, , Richmond VA USA

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --