Old 29-12-2003, 10:36 PM
Dewitt

Default Happy Holidays! (and a sale, too)

On Mon, 29 Dec 2003 02:45:12 GMT, "J Fortuna"
wrote:

Since you are in the process of selling phal bellinas, could you remind me
what the difference in cultural requirements is between phal bellinas and
most other Phals. I recall reading that they would want a bit less light I
think, and maybe more humidity (?), but I forget. I am sure that all who
have or are about to order a bellina from you will appreciate this advice as
well.

Since I ordered one of these from Ray, your question got me wondering
so I did a web search. This is typical of what I found:
http://www.orchidweb.com/dtl_spec.asp?PRecno=465

Nothing I saw said they needed lower light levels. However, a number
of sites stated they did best potted in sphagnum which may relate to
your recollection that then need more humidity.

FYI, I ran across pricing for these guys while I was looking for
culture info. Ray's price with his current discount is less than 1/2
the lowest price I saw for blooming size plants.

deg