Old 30-12-2003, 01:12 PM
J Kolenovsky

Default Growing Herbs

Pam, thank you for your sensibility. No joke.

Pam - gardengal wrote:
=

"Jane" wrote in message
om...
Hello,

I would like to grow some herbs indoors.

Could anyone recommend how I should go about this, and how I could
maintain a ready supply of the herbs throughout the year.

Thank you in advance for any help you can give me.

Regards

Jane

=

All joking aside, growing herbs indoors is not a very satisfactory meth=

od.
Most houses have insufficient light and humidity for these plants to th=

rive
long term and most herbs become large, mostly woody plants in time, not=

conducive to windowsill pot growth.
=

I see you are posting from the UK. Provided you live in a temperate por=

tion
of that country, you should be able to grow a pretty wide selection of =

herbs
outdoors year round. The climate in my zone 8 Pacific Northwest garden
should be very similar to much of that of Britain and I enjoy rosemary,=

sage, oregano, thyme, marjoram, and chives year round. Parsley is prese=

nt in
all but the coldest parts of winter and basil is a summer annual.
=

pam - gardengal

-- =

Celestial Habitats by J. Kolenovsky