Old 30-12-2003, 07:02 PM
Craig Cowing

Default [IBC] Dormancy

Mark Hill wrote:

Craig;

Unfortunately, the only snow around here is being artificially produced by
Ski Roundtop!
Even they're having trouble keeping snow on the slopes because the temps
haven't fallen below freezing in weeks.
Last night it dropped all the way to 41 !!

Mark

Craig wrote:

I found snow to be an excellent insulator in Maine. It also protected trees
from wind.

Same problem here. Not even any ski areas. I have the trees mulched with leaves
though, but by this point everything is thawed out. For those who have consistent
snow, they're lucky.

Temp here today os 40F. It gets below freezing at night generally.

Craig Cowing
NY
Zone 5b/6a Sunset 37

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++