Old 30-12-2003, 08:02 PM
Andy Hunt

Default Pots up North - Pictures

Ah, yes, I can see why it is a conservation area!

It looks lovely - I bet it is a real sun-trap! Ever tried anything "exotic"
like coconuts or anything . . . ?!

Andrew

wrote in message
news
Doubt anything changing the roof would be allowed - this is a heavy
conservation area so it was a hassle to be allowed to do anything to
the house. They liked the coach house renovation though.

On Sun, 21 Dec 2003 16:37:22 -0000, "Andy Hunt"
wrote:

Wowwwww!!!! Looks niiiice :-)

I'll have to get some photies of my humble end terrace "walled garden" in
the spring, once everything's going. But your lush backyard shows it can

be
done even up here in the icy wastes!

Your house looks lovely. Plenty of roof space . . . every thought of

getting
a solar thermal system, or solar p.v. roof tiles? I'm saving my beans (!)
for something similar at the moment. And a domestic wind turbine. Power
blackouts coming up . . .

Andrew

wrote in message
news
After the humungous thread in response to the question about growing
veg in pots in the north some might be interested in seeing some
examples. I grow entirely in containers, and in East Yorkshire -
which has to count as the north!

Pots are cheap - bought multi-purpose compost is expensive, pretty
well everything I've tried has worked.

http://www.hull.ac.uk/php/sbswdr/about_me.htm

Wendy