Old 31-12-2003, 02:44 AM
Gaiawar

Default Three Favorite Wildflowers

(Inyo) wrote in message . com...
In early April of this year, during a visit to the Mojave Desert,
California, and the Great Basin Desert, western Nevada, I was able to
photograph three of my favorite wildflowers. I've placed links to
their images at the following addresses: Desert (Apricot) Mallow at
http://mojave.topcities.com/dv/desertmallow.html (observed in Johnson
Canyon, Death Valley National Park); Argus Gilia (also known as Nevada
Gilia, of course) at
http://mojave.topcities.com/redrock/wildflowers35.html (observed at
Red Rock Canyon State Park, California); and Claret Cup Cactus at
http://esmeralda.topcities.com/beatt...cupcactus.html (observed
near the Great Beatty Mudmound in Nye, County, Nevada).

All three wildflower images, by the way, belong to three separate
paleontology-related Web Sites of mine that are not directly related
to Botany (although there are more links to wildflowers at both the
Red Rock Canyon and Death Valley pages)--rest assured that I am not
trying to spam the group; obviously, one doesn't need to enter those
main Homepages in order to view the wildflower images I've linked
here.

Functional email address is inyo1 at netscape.net.

Plant Fossils In The Dead Camel Range, Nevada
http://mywebpage.netscape.com/saline...dc/fallon.html

Thanks, Inyo. May such beauty and joy carry you through the coming year.

-Gaiawar