Old 31-12-2003, 10:02 PM
David Hill

Default Dahlia query

"..........Is it possible to buy a variety which has _green_foliage and the
same intense red colour/style of flower as Bishop of Llandaff, please?

And if so, what's it called? ....."

There is so little demand for single/peony flowered dahlias that don't have
dark foliage that mostly when they come as seedlings they are destroyed.
If you sowed a packet of dahlia seed not the dwarf types then you would
probably have a few of the colour and form you want,
If I had known I had 3 or 4 plants that I had to get rid of as being of no
use which were close to what you want.
Sorry not to be more helpful, but who knows I may have something in next
years seedlings

--
David Hill
Abacus nurseries