Old 29-12-2003, 04:05 PM

Default Dahlia query

Is it possible to buy a variety which has _green_foliage and the same
intense red colour/style of flower as Bishop of Llandaff, please?

And if so, what's it called?

thanks

--
jane

Mark Twain

Old 31-12-2003, 10:02 PM
David Hill

"..........Is it possible to buy a variety which has _green_foliage and the
same intense red colour/style of flower as Bishop of Llandaff, please?

And if so, what's it called? ....."

There is so little demand for single/peony flowered dahlias that don't have
dark foliage that mostly when they come as seedlings they are destroyed.
If you sowed a packet of dahlia seed not the dwarf types then you would
probably have a few of the colour and form you want,
If I had known I had 3 or 4 plants that I had to get rid of as being of no
use which were close to what you want.
Sorry not to be more helpful, but who knows I may have something in next
years seedlings

--
David Hill
Abacus nurseries

Old 01-01-2004, 10:32 AM
Cumberpach

"David Hill" wrote in message
"..........Is it possible to buy a variety which has _green_foliage and

the
same intense red colour/style of flower as Bishop of Llandaff, please?

And if so, what's it called? ....."

There is so little demand for single/peony flowered dahlias that

snip
Sorry to go a bit OT here, but I have just lifted and are draining some one
and two year old dahlia tubers, for the first time.
Some of the 2 yr old clumps are quite large and some individual tubers have
broken off - intact. Will these produce new plants in the Spring or should
they be discarded.TIA.
Pete

Dahlia query UK Michelle41 Gardening 5 12-08-2015 06:36 AM
Where to buy dahlia tubers online? Fleemo Gardening 9 10-02-2003 09:25 PM
David's Dahlia Starlord Gardening 0 10-02-2003 03:55 PM
(AD) Dahlia World Starlord Gardening 1 08-02-2003 01:49 PM
Dahlia World Starlord Gardening 0 06-02-2003 09:23 PM