Old 01-01-2004, 11:47 AM
JennyC

Default Balcony plants query

"Rod" wrote
David Griffiths wrote:

I'm looking for a range of shrubs/ plants that will exist happily in pots to
dress balconies of flats and apartments. We must assume various aspects, out
of direct rainfall but open to the temperature and light changes of the UK
seasons.
Any ideas welcome, with views of upkeep, special needs, etc.
Many thanks Dave

Think -hot-dry-windy + cold biting winds at times and choose accordingly. Some
of your places will suit coastal plants. A lot of little bulbs seem to do OK.

did some of this at one time and I never could convince the owner and the

folks
supposed to be looking after the plants to water heavily enough or often
enough.
Rod

Here's a few more links:

http://www.architecturalplants.com/site_map.html Has various lists of
architectural plants for 'difficult' places

http://www.scenicblue.co.uk/living/s...g_sample_1.pdf Truly
inspirational balcony in Leeds !
http://www.bbc.co.uk/gardening/tv_ra.../factsheets/sm
all_plant_garden.shtml#links And another in Plymouth

jenny