Old 01-01-2004, 02:02 PM
Jim Lewis

Default [IBC] NZ Podocarpus

Thanks, Kev.

I see from the sheet that they're described as moderately fast
growers. I think I'm going to order a couple (unless I can find
them around here) and put them out in the yard for about 5 years
(1-gal. mail order trees are too small for bonsai -- even for
me). Apparently, they are cultivated for hedge and windbreak
planting in NZ.

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL - Only to the
white man was nature a wilderness -- Luther Standing Bear
(Ogallala Sioux Chief)

I picked up a couple of Podocarpus totara from a nursery that

was
closing down last summer. I didn't know much about them but was
attracted by their Yew like foliage (and the price:-). There's

a small
amount of info on them here
http://tinyurl.com/3dcvl

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++