Old 01-01-2004, 04:42 PM
dd

Default Captan 50 wettable powder

Thanks! I've got a postage scale and can use it!

In article , B. Murray Tucker, Jr.
wrote:

The rate is 2 pounds per 100 gallons water
Or 16 ounce per 50 gallons water
Or 1 ounce per 3.125 gallons water
Find a scale that can weigh out 1 ounce of powder. Then count the number of
tea spoons in the ounce.
One third of the number tea spoons is what you need for a gallon.

"dd" wrote in message
Hi, today I purchased a 5-pound bag of Captan 50 wettable powder.
This is recommended in the AOS pest and disease book. This will be more
than a lifetime supply for me, but this is the only size that the
vendor had. The problem is that the bag does not come with dilution
instructions. I searched the Internet, and all I can find is data
sheets for crops. Does anybody have an idea of how much powder to put
in a 1 gallon jug of water for phals?

Any help will be appreciated.

DD