Old 01-01-2004, 10:42 PM
kevin bailey

Default [IBC] juniper

Completely different species with different responses. Some Junipers are
relatively easy to lift, it's only J communis that's virtually
impossible AFAIK.

Most Cedrus that I've tried are fairly easy, so long as you retain a
good root ball. My experience does not include digging up Juniperus
virginiana, yet. I have many from seed that will be planted out soon.
Get back to me in five years or so ;-)

I suspect they'll be easy.

Cheers

Kev Bailey
Vale Of Clwyd, North Wales

i know there have been many posts about the difficulty of digging up
common
junipers, but does this also apply to the eastern red cedar as well? or
are
these much easier to collect?

---

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++