Old 02-01-2004, 03:42 PM
RichToyBox

Default OT - Visiting Phoenix

The Red Rocks at Sedona and the Oak Creek Canyon, between Sedona and
Flagstaff are absolutely gorgeous, the upper elevations near Flagstaff may
have snow. The Town of Jerome is an old copper mining town that went to
ghost town status and is now a village of artists, which if you are into
that type of thing, makes it a great place to visit. Old Tucson, west of
Tucson is a western movie stage area, with a lot of props, and well worth
visiting.
--
RichToyBox

"Lorraine Lawler" wrote in message
My husband and I will be in Phoenix visiting friends from February
6-13. Our friends are new to the area so I'm looking for
recommendations of things to see/do for the four of us---interesting
tourist areas, public gardens, etc. Doesn't have to be in the
immediate Phoenx area, just so we can get there and back in one day.
Thanks in advance.