Old 02-01-2004, 02:02 PM
Lorraine Lawler

Default OT - Visiting Phoenix

My husband and I will be in Phoenix visiting friends from February
6-13. Our friends are new to the area so I'm looking for
recommendations of things to see/do for the four of us---interesting
tourist areas, public gardens, etc. Doesn't have to be in the
immediate Phoenx area, just so we can get there and back in one day.
Thanks in advance.
Old 02-01-2004, 03:42 PM
RichToyBox

The Red Rocks at Sedona and the Oak Creek Canyon, between Sedona and
Flagstaff are absolutely gorgeous, the upper elevations near Flagstaff may
have snow. The Town of Jerome is an old copper mining town that went to
ghost town status and is now a village of artists, which if you are into
that type of thing, makes it a great place to visit. Old Tucson, west of
Tucson is a western movie stage area, with a lot of props, and well worth
visiting.
--
RichToyBox

Old 02-01-2004, 04:04 PM
BenignVanilla

"Lorraine Lawler" wrote in message
My husband and I will be in Phoenix visiting friends from February
6-13. Our friends are new to the area so I'm looking for
recommendations of things to see/do for the four of us---interesting
tourist areas, public gardens, etc. Doesn't have to be in the
immediate Phoenx area, just so we can get there and back in one day.
Thanks in advance.

Head north...there's this little canyon that is has some very nice views.

BV.

Old 02-01-2004, 06:04 PM
Lydia

"Lorraine Lawler" wrote in message
My husband and I will be in Phoenix visiting friends from February
6-13. Our friends are new to the area so I'm looking for
recommendations of things to see/do for the four of us---interesting
tourist areas, public gardens, etc. Doesn't have to be in the
immediate Phoenx area, just so we can get there and back in one day.
Thanks in advance.

I'm going to be in Phoenix/Mesa from Feb. 13th-17th! I've never been to
Northern AZ, but hear that it's beautiful.

Last time I was there my cousin took me to "Tortilla Flat" and we stopped at
some abandoned mining/now ghost town on the way there. I think it was
called Goldsmith, but it sounds a lot like Jerome that RichToyBox referred
to. TF is just a quick touristy spot. The mining town, I think, had a
little cafe and gift shop, and some artists making things. For example a
blacksmith was pounding out some artsy iron stuff.

Check out this website which has info on other AZ towns in links on the left
side of the page:
http://www.azcentral.com/travel/ariz...enixindex.html

Or this one:
http://www.ci.phoenix.az.us/PARKS/touridx.html

Couldn't find a website for Goldsmith (I could have the name wrong, too),
but Jerome looks cool:
http://www.azjerome.com/

Have fun!

Old 02-01-2004, 07:32 PM
Lorraine Lawler

Lydia - Since you were kind enough to pass on some things to do in
Phoenix, thought I'd do the same to you.

The following site is the fire fighters/fire fighting equipment museum
in Phoenix.

http://www.hallofflame.org/index.html

The following site is for the out of africa park, which is not a zoo
or circus. Sounds very interesting.

http://www.outofafricapark.com/index1.html

Lorraine

Old 02-01-2004, 11:02 PM
Lydia

Thank you! Both look very interesting. I'll have to schedule time to see
them.

Lydia