Old 02-01-2004, 06:33 PM
Roy Bailey

Default Fruit Trees needed

In article , Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar
Jatt writes
Hi,

I shall need fruit trees in the future to put in my backyard and would
appreciate which Nursery is the best. I live in Reading, Berkshire.

First of all, when you say a backyard in Reading, do you actually mean just
that, or are you using 'backyard' in the American sense to refer to a garden at
the back of your house?

If the former, will it really be suitable for growing fruit trees, unless they
are dwarf varieties in tubs? If the latter, how big is the garden, because that
affects the size of trees you can safely grow in it? And what type of fruit
trees do you require?

One place that springs to mind is the National Fruit Collection at Brogdale
Horticultural Trust, Faversham, Kent. Tel: 01795 535462 or 535286. They have a
sample of every fruit tree you can think of.

A fairly local nursery is Bernwode Plants, Kingswood Lane, Ludgershall, Bucks
HP18 9RB. Tel: 0844 237415. E-mail: . Web site:
www.bernwodeplants.co.uk. They have a very comprehensive catalogue which costs
£1.
--
Roy Bailey