Old 02-01-2004, 08:42 PM
Jim Lewis

Default [IBC] A successful Branch Repair

Great point. I too have "saved the branch" only to knock it

off two years
later.

I generally use "white glue" (I think you call it Elmer's (!))

inside of the
branch, before I place the tape...

... once I have made a small hole with a drill and placed some

copper wire
glued for extra resistance.

White glue dissolves in water -- though slowly after it has
dried. I use model airplane cement or (lately) a tiny drop of
"Gorilla Glue."

About 4 years ago, I even used model airplane cement to hold a
small (11-inch) Phoenix graft in place. No sign of problems yet.

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL - Only to the
white man was nature a wilderness -- Luther Standing Bear
(Ogallala Sioux Chief)

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++