Old 03-01-2004, 09:32 PM
Jim Lewis

Default OT - Visiting Phoenix

"Ray C." wrote in message
om...
Lorraine Lawler wrote in message

My husband I will be in Phoenix visiting friends from

February 6-13.
Our friends are new to the area so I'm looking for

recommendations of
things to see/do for the four of us....interesting tourist

areas,
public gardens, etc. Thanks in advance.

Hi Lorraine,

I haven't been to Phoenix for a few years but the Desert

Botanical
Gardens was very nice. You could check out the website -
www.arizona.com and then choose Phoenix.

Yes. The botanical gardens between Phoenix and Temp (really ONE
city now) are very nice.

A MUST visit when in Arizona is the Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum
in the Saguaro National Monument near Tucson. That's a hundred
or so miles south of Phoenix, but it is well worth the trip. I
visit AZ frequently (went to ASU) and always take time to make
the trip south. www.desertmuseum.org/ It makes a great day
trip.

Heard Museum in Phoenix is great if you like Native American art.
www.heard.org/

Arcosanti, a few miles to the north of Phoenix is interesting.
www.arcosanti.org/

Montezuma's Castle (National Monument: Indian ruins) is nearby
and well worth a visit.

And, of course no visit to AZ is complete without a visit to the
Grand Canyon!

Go to your local library and check out a few back issues of
Arizona Highways Magazine. www.arizhwys.com/

I'll be back in AZ for 2 weeks in late May.

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL - Only to the
white man was nature a wilderness -- Luther Standing Bear
(Ogallala Sioux Chief)