Old 04-01-2004, 01:54 AM
Sacha

Default Who were "Emily Mckenzie" & "Jean Marie de Montague"?

paghat3/1/04 9:21

In article , Janet Baraclough
.. wrote:

In article ,
(paghat) wrote:

Does anyone know who was "Emily Mckenzie" for whom a popular crocosmia
cultivar is named after?

Does anyone know who was "The Honorable Jean Marie de Montague" for
whom a
bright red ironclad Rhododendron is named?

You could try asking in uk.rec.gardening. There are several
nursery-owners/ plant breeders among the regulars there.

Janet

Oki-doky, does anyone in the UK garden group know who were Emily Mckenzie
or Jean Marie de Montague??

-paghat the ratgirl

No idea, I'm afraid. But your best bet would be to write to the RHS and ask
them, I'd think. Even then, don't be too hopeful. Many plant
breeders/discoverers name plants after people who are not well known.
--

Sacha
(remove the 'x' to email me)