Old 04-01-2004, 06:28 PM
paghat

Default Who were "Emily Mckenzie" & "Jean Marie de Montague"?

In article , "JennyC"
wrote:

"Chris Boulby" wrote
Paghat writes
Janet Baraclough.. wrote:
(paghat) wrote:

Does anyone know who was "Emily Mckenzie" for whom a popular

crocosmia
cultivar is named after?
Does anyone know who was "The Honorable Jean Marie de

Montague" for
whom a
bright red ironclad Rhododendron is named?
You could try asking in uk.rec.gardening. There are several
nursery-owners/ plant breeders among the regulars there.
Janet

Oki-doky, does anyone in the UK garden group know who were Emily Mckenzie
or Jean Marie de Montague??
-paghat the ratgirl

From what I understand, Emily McKenzie was the person who discovered the
plant in her garden somewhere in the Tyne Valley in the north east of
England. Sorry I cannot help with the other question.

You could also try the crocosmia National Collection holder for more
accurate info about the crocosmia origin. David Fenwick has a web site
at:
www.theafricangarden.netfirms.com/page7.html

There is also a book called something like 'Look who's in your garden'
but I cannot remember the name of the author and I ought to, I've sent
her a few contributions!
Chris Boulby National Collection of Diascias

info on Jean Marie at :
http://www.paghat.com/jeanmarie.html
Jenny :~)

Thanks to Chris for the info on Emily Mckenzie
Thanks to Jenny for citing my own page on Jean Marie, but the "who" of the
name isn't to be found there, cuz I don't know, & want to!

-paghat the ratgirl

-from Peter Newell's "Wild Flowers"

Yellow: Daylily 'Dena Marie's Sister' tennis maynard Garden Photos 1 03-07-2007 08:04 AM
BLC Eva Marie Barnett Keha11 Orchids 7 09-04-2004 12:03 PM
Azalea Girard 'Ashley Marie" griffon Gardening 2 28-03-2004 05:12 PM
Who were "Emily Mckenzie" && "Jean Marie de Montague"? Janet Baraclough .. Gardening 1 03-01-2004 04:12 PM
Who were "Emily Mckenzie" & "Jean Marie de Montague"? paghat Gardening 3 03-01-2004 02:32 PM