Old 04-01-2004, 04:42 AM
Gail Futoran

Default shade

"Mary Lou" wrote in message
Are there any roses that do well in partial shade?

Mary Lou

Living in a very sunny area, I don't have much experience
with the shade problem but a google search revealed one link
that appears to have some useful information:
http://www.gardencountry.com/pages/shadeflwrs.html

You might also do a google search of newsgroups since the
question does arise. http://groups.google.com/

A recent (September or October '03 IIRC) issue of American
Rose Society magazine listed roses that do well or ok in
partial shade, but I'm afraid I passed the issue on to a
friend who has a shade problem, so I no longer have the
information available.

You might also check with local nurseries. If you can find
one or more that stock a lot of roses, they might be able to
give you advice. Botanical gardens are another potential
source of useful information.

Good luck.

Gail
San Antonio TX Zone 8